Bosch Operations and Business Development Manager in Dallas, Texas
Bosch’s innovation capabilities and know-how determine its business successes. This position is responsible for operations, business development and customer relationship management for remote business unit(s) dedicated to a specific customer. Key job functions are:
- Plan, direct and oversee the operations and financial health of the business unit.
- Develop relationships with existing and new contacts at the customer site to expand the scope of services and increase market share.
- Manage the customer relationship and ensure the voice of the customer is heard and responded to.
Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain three to five year business plan.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities.
- Develop collaborative relationships with new and existing contacts within the assigned customer business unit(s).
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, solutions and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Develop and present proposals to decision-makers at customer.
- Forecast, track and record sales activities to meet or exceed business plan targets.
- Work with Human Resources to plan, recruit and hire talent to appropriately resource the business unit.
- Lead associates to meet expectations for customer service, productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- May perform other duties as directed by leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5+ years of related combined experience in traditional sales, account management and direct personnel management required.
- Proven track record of managing teams of 20+ associates and $30M+ of revenue responsibility required.
- Skilled at navigating through complex sales pursuits with strong negotiation skills required.
- Proficient in MS Office and Salesforce.com strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills including written and spoken English skills.
- Must have excellent presentation skills - deliver professional content in a zealous and passionate way.
- Must be an active listener and interested and curious to clarify customer needs.
- Must be outcome focused and persistent in the face of difficulty.
- Will need to be highly organized and able to effectively handle numerous projects, initiatives and issues within established due dates.
- Dynamic with a “team-first” and “can-do” attitude including readiness to take on responsibility and a strong entrepreneurial personality.
- Ability to travel occasionally up to 10% of time throughout the US is required.
It is the policy of Bosch to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Bosch does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. #BoschDiversity
Bosch is a leading global supplier of technology and services with 360,000 employees worldwide. The Bosch Group manufactures and markets automotive OE and aftermarket products, industrial automation and mobile products, power tools and accessories, security technology and packaging equipment. Bosch aims to enhance quality of life with solutions that are both innovative and beneficial. Join a team that combines state of the art technology with sustainable growth and a proven track record of performance while offering a strong culture of work, life balance. Invented for life and improving people's lives each and every day...We are Bosch!