BT Project Manager (FORT WORTH) in Dallas, Texas
Role: Project Manager
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Purpose Of Role:
First level role, with specific project management, responsibility for planning and co-ordinating small scale (please see project matrix for further detail) projects affecting a BU or LOB. Delivers a contracted package of work on time, within budget, enabling the expected business benefit and to the client's satisfaction, managing issues, risks and dependencies successfully along the way. Will be typically responsible for one or more deliverables, including the financial impact for owned elements (e.g. a milestone/subproject/work-stream leader within a bigger project)of projects, and expected to be accountable for those elements of the projects. Stakeholder and Client relationships are short term and are specific to project needs. Some limited interface with 3rd party suppliers, which may involve ensuring timeliness and quality of deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects under the following assumptions; that the technical solution would already be largely proven and main suppliers would have been previously used. The level of risk to the business is clearly outlined and should be low.
- Has sound understanding of concepts and principles in project management and a basic knowledge in other subjects or disciplines, which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. six sigma and network management processes).
- Works best where the outcomes are unambiguous, contracted before the start of the project and unlikely to undergo material change).
- Uses judgement based on the analysis of information.
- Operates in a learning context with guidance from project sponsors and more senior project personnel but requires minimal supervision. Expected to escalate issues, which have exceeded the expected project boundaries, to the appropriate higher authority.
- Has developed communication and diplomacy skills used to persuade and influence with a growing ability to engage and inspire clients at peer level. May also share issues and work on solutions with external consultants.
Should be able to manage and direct the project team, Ability to act as a mentor for a Project Leader. Will coach new project management recruits and offer guidance to more junior project staff.
Projects worked on will be WAN, LAN, IPT, Security and Video Conference
- Impacts on the business through shared responsibility (with immediate manager and/or project manager of larger project) for volume, quality, timeliness of end results of specified projects at the account or business unit level.
- Limited autonomy to decide the achievement of all project needs, as all elements should be driven by precedence or approval of more senior Project Managers.
- Competent, but not necessarily experienced, user of the elements of project management methods and best practice and developing experience in delivery of projects as defined by the needs of the business.
Will have at least three years relevant experience of project delivery (i.e. project leadership, responsibility and accountability). Typically has experience of owning many smaller projects over a number of years.
Good record of delivering against pre determined requirements, often in reasonable timescales.
Familiar with, but not necessarily accredited in, a formal Project Management methodology such as Prince Foundation, 6 Sigma or APMP.
Has received formal training and can apply the knowledge to specific project circumstances with coaching and direction from more senior project personnel. BT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Job: *Project Management
Title: Project Manager (FORT WORTH)
Requisition ID: 54783