WestRock Purchasing Manager in Dallas, Texas
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Purchasing Manager - Dallas, Texas
WestRock (NYSE: WRK)
We are seeking to fill the position of Purchasing Manager in our Dallas, Texas location. This position will report to the General Manager. This position will manage our Dallas Mill’s purchasing and storeroom management functions, and provide functional leadership to the Assistant Buyer and the Storeroom Attendant. The Purchasing/Storeroom Manager will be a key member of the leadership team at the Dallas Mill, and will be responsible for managing mill purchasing priorities, developing the purchasing and stores organization to deliver both short and long-term value and for managing change.
Key Procurement responsibilities include :
- Ensures compliance to all safety, purchasing, stores, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Manages and oversees the purchasing transactions and inventory of maintenance materials, supplies and equipment for the facility. This includes generating Purchase Orders from Requisitions.
- Selects and negotiates contracts with local vendors through appropriate procurement practices, total cost of ownership and compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement corporate procurement initiatives.
- Represents procurement and the facility operations on regional and national sourcing initiatives.
- Sets department goals and works to lead improvements across the supply function and within the facility.
- Works with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
Key Storeroom responsibilities include :
- Direct the process of adding new items to, removing items from, and changing the reorder parameters (Min/Max) in the Inventory Master as defined in the Dallas WestRock Standard operating Procedures including assignments of item numbers.
- Develops, implements and maintains a storeroom inventory strategy that supports the company’s supply chain point of view and operational reliability.
- Chair the Cross Functional MRO Team for the Mill.
- Direct storeroom management activities including receipts, issues, cycle counting, etc.
- Achieve performance criteria in inventory performance and accuracy.
- Achieve housekeeping and safety standards in the storeroom and purchasing office.
- Recommends and implements improvements and best practices to maximize operating productivity, quality and efficiency while minimizing total cost of ownership.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree desired (Supply Chain, Business, or Accounting preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in supply chain preferred (purchasing, inventory, engineering or maintenance)
- Purchasing experience desired
- Direct and proven experience with inventory and store room management
- Experience supervising and managing employees
- Proven negotiation skills or formal negotiation training desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel (creation of spreadsheets), PowerPoint (ability to do presentations), and Word (document creation).
- Experience with maintenance and procurement software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Willing and able to travel.
At WestRock, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider WestRock as your employer of choice.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V