Global Technology Associates RF Validation Engineer III in Dallas, Texas
GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
RF Engineer III:
- Must have knowledge about LTE/VoLTE technology, LTE network architecture, 3GPP standards; Additionally, experience in supporting RF deployments with US-based cellular operators preferred; 3G knowledge of eCSFB issues for Sprint required.
- Must have at least 5-years of hands-on experience working on LTE and/or VoLTE RF optimization or network performance management functions including trending, analysis, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Desirable to have experience working with Nokia NetAct OSS in alarm management, performance management and parameter configuration management. Hands on knowledge of Nokia or ALU LTE TDD and FDD parameters. Experience with Alcatel-Lucent OSS(SAM) is a plus.
- Plus: Experience with E// LTE and small cells RF optimization, parameters, and performance, reporting, and troubleshooting. Desirable to have experience working with E// ENM OSS for alarm management, performance management, and parameter configuration.
- Must have experience with LTE parameters, KPI counters, Operational Performance Indicator (OPI) counters, and associated call scenarios. Skills to review daily KPI reports and identify sites with performance degradation issues is required.
- Must have deep experience in network performance components and troubleshooting. Network performance problem detection and solution methods, e.g., throughput issues, connection drops, blocks, etc.
- Desirable to have knowledge in RF Optimization Layer 3 analysis experience using tools similar to ACTIX
- Must have knowledge of running traces for troubleshooting/analysis. Must have knowledge of the various drive testing equipment such as JDSU/RAN Advisor, Nemo, TEMS, X-cal, Windcatcher and FalconSmart
- Plus: Have expertise in troubleshooting to perform tasks such as resetting an eNB/RRH, changing a parameter, run WO, updating the yang file, alarms, RSSI issues
- Should have an understanding of Radio Resource Management functionalities, e.g., handover control, admission controls, capacity management, etc.
- Desirable to have knowledge of Nokia tools including PNM, NPO, NetAct RS, etc. creating reports and deep dive counter based analysis
- Plus: Have knowledge and working experience with E// RF optimization and performance practices to create reports and deep diver counter based analysis.
- Plus: Have hands on knowledge of monitoring site alarms, doing health check status of sites, and resolve alarms
- Desirable to have understanding & exposure to RF design (link budget inputs, propagation models), optimization, PLANET, ATOLL and performance tools.
- MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or other related Engineering. Bachelors with 3 or more years of experience also acceptable
- Strong teamwork, discipline to follow process, good communication and documentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel (formulas, running macros), MS PowerPoint and UNIX
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
_Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an EOE M/F/D/V _
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Code: 1002
# of Openings: 10