Fujitsu Senior Messaging Administrator - Richardson, TX in Dallas, Texas
Title: Senior Messaging Administrator - Richardson, TX
Job Number: FAI03932
Fujitsu America, Inc . provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors. For more information on Fujitsu America's business scope, visit http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/
We are looking for aSenior Perimeter Messaging Administratorfor our MIS Group in our Richardson, TX location.
This resource will work in the area of perimeter messaging, with mail flow, message hygiene, and other areas related to the perimeter messaging infrastructure.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
The role requires the candidate to function as an operations specialist in providing Tier 3 support to the Messaging & Collaborations platforms which include monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing the messaging infrastructure. Responsibilities include working on strategic initiatives, lifecycle activities, software patch deployment, incident management, problem management, Change management and generating platform metrics. This will require hands-on technical proficiency in software, network and protocols mentioned below as well as the technical aptitude to pick up new collaboration technology and concepts. Candidate is expected to work in a fast pace environment and be able to deliver quality work under aggressive time constraints. Previous employment in a financial institution is a plus.
- Must be a technical and subject matter expert with perimeter messaging (ProofPoint, SendMail) and have 3rd level operations experience in supporting the stated platforms.
- Must have expert knowledge of the Messaging & Collaboration environments in order to be routinely involved in root cause analysis whenever issues arise in the production environment.
- Responsible for certifying hotfixes/patches and service packs prior to production rollout.
- Engaged in identifying configuration and documentation best practices.
- Effective in delivering solutions and providing speedy turn around when required.
- Take ownership of problems and follow through to resolution, whether this involves internal IT teams or external vendors/partners.
- Ensure compliance with service level targets for the Production Support team.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ensure Daily Operations protocols are adhered to.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES (e.g. shifts, travel overseas, hours):
The role will be part of a 24x7 on call rotation and will need to be available to work nights and weekends when required.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Computer / Engineering related field
• MCSE Certification
• ProofPoint – 8 years (or other applicable messaging hygiene platforms)
• SendMail - 8 years
• Enterprise-level IT support
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Unix – 2 years
• Microsoft Active Directory – 8 Years
• VB, Perl, Java programming – 5 years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.