Humana Storage Management Technology Architect in Dallas, Texas
Role: Storage Technical Architect
Location: WAH from any US location
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Be a part of the Technology team -- be a strategic leader in cutting edge Healthcare technology.
Humana is seeking a Technical Architect that will be responsible for the conceptual and technical design and implementation of a single or set of assigned technologies, and for the design of the interfaces and connections through which that technology interacts with the rest of the enterprise. This person is also responsible for the effective integration of their technology into the broader business and IT ecosystem within which it will operate. The Technical Architect is not only called to understand and follow enterprise guidelines and standards in their work; they are also expected to share feedback and learning back out to the enterprise. Thus, the Technical Architect also serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for their technology to other architects, and as a feedback loop back into the enterprise architecture portfolio.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Sets Storage architecture standards and methodologies
• Design technical process and direct activities for major projects
• Establishes the scope of information architecture activities, including external collaboration areas
• Reviews and approves data model designs with a focus on those areas influencing interoperability, analytics including compliance with the portfolio information model
• Consolidates a business view of data across all lines of business
• Ensures regulatory issues are considered surrounding information assets such as consumer privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines are adhered to
• Resolve problems, including identifying potential problems before they become critical and identifying, evaluating, and analyzing resolution options (level 3)
• Document configurations, instructional procedures, change management records, performance and growth analysis reports
• Manage hardware and software vendors, including support calls and maintenance performed by vendor engineers
• Perform project, capacity, and budget planning, including identifying projects, developing project tasks and timelines, estimating future capacity requirements, and determining interoperability requirements for hardware and software
• Evaluate and recommend new hardware and software technologies
• Mentor / cross-train fellow technology staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Masters degree plus 3-5 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with 6-8 years of experience
• Storage array administration experience required
• Storage Architecture experience
• Must have IBM, Cisco or Dell EMS experience
• Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and communication skills required.
• The employee should have a proven ability to perform complex tasks with little direct supervision.
• Experience integrating new technologies with existing technologies
• Experience implementing technologies with enterprise-wide impact
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Title: Storage Management Technology Architect
Other Locations: US-KY-Louisville, US-AZ-Phoenix
Requisition ID: 166354