WestRock Techincal in Dallas, Texas
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Techincal-Systems Maintenance Manager - Dallas, TX
1455 Terre Colony Court
Dallas, Texas, 75212
GENERAL PURPOSE : Responsible for day-to-day hands-on production support with respect to both maintenance and technical projects to meet and exceed operational quality, schedule and cost objectives, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict. Oversee and perform maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment, and systems. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Initiates, implements, and manages the machine maintenance programs based on best practices with emphasis on preventive/predictive maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Proactively manages departmental metrics which impact cost (preventive maintenance schedule, downtime minimization, waste, etc.).
- Provides high level workmanship on various tasks.
- Provides leadership, guidance and technical support to operations management and safety committees.
- Assists in ensuring consistency in safety policies and practices.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Maintains a maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment and facility maintenance.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure effective communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the technical support department.
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Coordinates required facility and building maintenance efforts ( repairs, replacements, installs, PMs) with respect to HVAC, electrical, compressor, chillers
- Reviews the operations of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Communicates directly with QA department to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Participates in Plant Leadership Team.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have Associate’s degree from an accredited two-year college in a related technical field or certificate/diploma from trade school in related field; minimum five years’ experience with equipment maintenance in a manufacturing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have minimum three years’ supervisory experience.
- Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Must have math and measurement skills to understand, track, analyze, and report on operating metrics.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, routine database activities, Computerized Maintenance Management System, etc.).
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be process-oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
·Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
·An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
·A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.