Barker Steel LLC Rebar Fabricator in Dayton, Texas
Bend, cut, bundle, and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer's orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment or directly related experience
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must be familiar with, and adhere to shop safety policies and procedures
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled - and a drug-free workplace.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Dayton, TX
Job Type: Construction, Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 10/13/2016