CB&I Boilermaker Journey 3 in Deer Park, Texas
Title: Boilermaker Journey 3
Location: United States-Texas-Deer Park
Assembles, analyzes for defects, and repairs boilers, tanks, vats and pressure vessels, boiler auxiliaries and ancillaries according to blueprints specifications, using power tools and hand tools.
- Locates and marks reference points for columns or plates on foundation, sing master straight edge, squares, transit and measuring tape and applying knowledge of geometry.
- Attaches rigging or signals crane operator to lift components to specified position.
- Aligns structures or plates sections to assemble boiler frame, tanks or vats sing plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs or turnbuckles.
- Hammers, flame-cuts, files grinds irregular edges of sections or structural parts to facilitate fitting edges together.
- Bolts or arc-welds structures and sections together.
- Positions drums and headers into supports or bolts or welds supports to frame.
- Aligns water tubes, connects and expands ends to drums and headers using tube expander.
- Bolts or welds casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles and such fabricated parts as chutes, air heaters, fan stands, feeding tube, cat walks, ladders, coal hoppers and safety hatch to frame using wrenches.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities with tools and equipment.
- Installs manholes, handholds, valves, gauges and feed water connection in drums to complete assembly of water tube boilers.
- Signals crane operator in lifting parts to specific positions.
- Assists in testing assembled vessels by pumping water or gas under specified pressure into vessels and observing instruments for evidence of leakage.
- Repairs boilers or tanks in field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections or tubes, straightening plates using torch or jacks, installing new tubes, fitting and welding new sections and replacing worn lugs on bolts.
- May fasten and caulk sections of vessels, using pneumatic fasteners and caulking hammers.
- May line firebox with refractory brick and blocks.
- May fabricate parts such as, stacks, uptakes, and chutes to adapt boiler to premises in which it is installed.
- Flame cutting and knowledge of torch use.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Work at heights without fear
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Boilermaker
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 10:50:11 AM
Requisition ID: 1616507