CB&I Painter/Blaster in Deer Park, Texas
Location: United States-Texas-Deer Park
Paint walls, equipment, buildings, bridges, and other structural surfaces, using brushes, rollers, and spray guns. May remove old paint to prepare surface prior to painting. May mix colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Selects and mixes coating additives to thin or promote drying and adhesion.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Uses high air-pressure sandblasting equipment, chemical application, chipping hammer, power tools and other abrasives to remove rust, grease, dirt, concrete, and old paint prior to paint application.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare surfaces, such as bare wood, metal, piping, fixtures, structures and equipment for finish coats.
- Selects paint according to company color scheme and specifications.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to heavy equipment, buildings, bridges, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, sandblasting equipment, or rollers. May use epoxy, latex or enamel coatings.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners in order to determine work requirements.
- Disassembles paint and sandblasting equipment and cleans equipment, using solvent, wire brushes, and dry cloth.
- Erect scaffolding and swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil and thinning and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- Respiratory protection is common and required in many applications.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Has knowledge of application techniques.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Work at heights without fear.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Painter/Blaster
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 10:49:50 AM
Requisition ID: 1616635