Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repairer, WG-4818-10 in Del Valle, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Del Valle, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 10/5/2016 (18 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 11/4/2016 (12 day(s) away)
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. Status updates are available on your profile dashboard. Your application will be reviewed to make sure you're eligible and meet the qualifications for the position. If qualifications are met, your application will be referred to the hiring official and your status will be updated to "Referred" on your profile dashboard. All other applicants (not being considered) will receive a "Not Referred" status.
This position is located in the Austin Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Del Valle, TX. The purpose of this position is to provide initial and continuation instruction in the following ALSE subject categories: environmental life support and protective subsystems, over water survival equipment, escape and descent life support subsystems, survival recovery life support subsystem, global survival, aircrew chemical decontamination procedures and aircrew chemical defense task qualification training. Documents and maintains records of ALSE crewmember training.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform.
Areas of Consideration: In-Service/State Aviation Only Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: Enlisted - E7 and below and Warrant Officers - NTE W3
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veteran's preference is not applicable in this agency.
AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL & FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER
- Inspects, tests, certifies, repairs, assembles and maintains ALSE to include aircraft/aircrew electronic communications equipment, and aircraft-oxygen related items, aircraft modular survival system, life preservers, helicopter emergency egress devices, first aid kits and microclimate cooling vests.
- Instructs crew members in all categories of ALSE.
- Certifies initial and continuation training of aircrew and other personnel.
- Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations.
- Supervises, instructs, trains and certifies traditional Guard members on all facets of the aircrew life support career field; performs task evaluations and documents OJT records.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises.
- Prepares Annual Budget analysis and projections for ALSE shop operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Baseline physical is required within 90 days of employment.
- Must be a member of the Texas Army National Guard.
- Must be slotted in a compatible military assignment.
Specialized Experience Required
*To qualify at the *WG-10 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 18 months experience or trainingwhich has demonstrated knowledge of aviation life support equipment. Experience reading and interpreting military manuals. Experience in supply procedures and property accountability. Experience collecting information and presenting it to various sized groups. Experience in planning a functional shop maintenance program is essential.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMR): Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the MOS to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty MOS (DMOS) assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
MOS: 15, 92, 68A, 68W
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified whether or not you have been referred to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
This link provides an overview of the benefits crrently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $21.89 to $25.51 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-4818-10/10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: In-Service/State-Aviation/Onboard Only(See Open Areas of Consideration), Army National Guard Membership is Required
Control Number: 451978800
Job Announcement Number: NGTX-16-226