Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Powered Support Systems Mechanic, WG-5378-10 in Del Valle, Texas
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Del Valle, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 10/5/2016 (21 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 11/4/2016 (9 day(s) away)
TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. Status updates are available on your profile dashboard. Your application will be reviewed to make sure you're eligible and meet the qualifications for the position. If qualifications are met, your application will be referred to the hiring official and your status will be updated to "Referred" on your profile dashboard. All other applicants (not being considered) will receive a "Not Referred" status.
This position is located in the Austin Army Aviation Support Facility (AASF), Del Valle, TX. The purpose of this position is to perform duties involving the maintenance and repair of power ground and other support equipment used in aircraft servicing and repairs.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform.
Areas of Consideration: In-Service/State Aviation On-board Only Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard State Aviation Offices.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: This position is open to:
Enlisted - E8 and below
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veteran's preference is not applicable in this agency.
- Indefinite position with possible conversion to Permanent, at a later date, without competition.
- Responsible for the Ground Support Equipment maintenance program, inventory control, and the identification and scheduling of preventive maintenance requirements for ground support equipment.
- Trouble-shoots, repairs; services; performs modifications on, and operates powered ground support equipment such as AC and DC power generators, air compressors, blowers, heaters, portable lighting units, deicers and non-powered equipment to include work stands, jacks, ramps, tow-bars, etc.
- Performs required preventive maintenance and servicing of equipment including repairing and replacing tires, lubrication, oil changes, replacing air, fuel and oil filters, checking fluid levels; and adjusting or replacing ignition parts, hoses, v-belts, and other items. Keeps equipment clean and free from dirt, oil, grease and corrosion.
- Performs major system component overhaul/rebuild, repair/replacement and troubleshooting as needed, to include but not limited to, power-plant systems, brake systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, diesel and gas systems, air systems, starting systems, ignition systems and electrical systems in addition to the following components, power-plant, brake, fuel, steering, hydraulic, air, starting, ignition and electrical system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Not Required
- Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- Baseline physical is required within 90 days of employment.
- Must be a member of the Texas Army National Guard/State Aviation.
- Must be slotted in a compatible military assignment.
Specialized Experience Required To qualify at the WG-10 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting at least 18 months experience or training removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing parts, components, and accessories. Experience which provided working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to powered support equipment and systems; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience which provided working knowledge of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures' repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMR): Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the MOS to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty MOS (DMOS) assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
MOS: 15, 91, 92A, 92Y, 92F, 94E, 94R
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified whether or not you have been referred to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
This link provides an overview of the benefits crrently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
Salary Range: $21.60 to $25.17 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-5378-10/10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: In-Service/On-board Only (See Areas of Consideration), Texas Army National Guard Membership is required
Control Number: 451928400
Job Announcement Number: NGTX-16-227