Anthem Actuarial Internship (summer 2017) - 122428 in Denison, Texas
Anthem is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurers and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. Anthem strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
Actuarial Internship Open to most Anthem office locations (CA, CO, CT, GA, IN, KY, ME, MO, NH, OH, VA, WI, NY)
Please note that all internships at Anthem are temporary and do not provide benefits.
This summer internship will begin in May or June 2017 and will support an assigned actuarial group with related projects and tasks. Multiple opportunities are available in a variety of office locations including CA, CO, CT, GA, IN, KY, ME, MO, NH, OH, VA, NY, and WI.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the actuarial team to collect and refine actuarial data.
- Analyze, develop and validate statistical models and data.
- Update pricing, valuation and forecasting models.
- Conduct internet research for competitive analysis.
- Prepare documents for audits as necessary.
Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and majoring in actuarial science, math, statistics, or related field.
Other criteria for selection include:
- Preferred majors include Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related degree.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Previous internship preferred, but not required.
- Experience required in the use of MS applications, including Word, Excel and Access.
/Anthem is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at//www.antheminc.com/careers//. EOE.M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Administrative Support
Title: Actuarial Internship (summer 2017) - 122428
Requisition ID: 122428