Anthem Cost of Care Director - Any Anthem Office or Telecommute - 122443 in Denison, Texas
/ Your Talent. Our Vision. / At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
- Leads and manages multiple cost of care initiatives including the most complex initiatives enterprise wide (e.g. local, within each state, across business segments and at the enterprise level) and drives their execution.
- Understands, predicts and implements measures to control healthcare costs and to make healthcare more affordable for our customers.
- Develops, manages, oversees, and executes new and innovative initiatives to manage rising costs and enhance the company’s market competiveness.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies and develops best practices and cost of care improvement processes around physician, hospital and ancillary network contract negotiation strategies, utilization management efforts, new products, annual benefit design participation, and financial operations.
- Oversees the identification of potential cost of care savings opportunities through complex analytics via partnering with the cost of care analytics team, to developing action plans, benefits and risk assessments and overseeing and partnering with the actuarial team to develop and ensure accurate savings quantification.
- Champions cost of care initiatives, negotiates for human capital resources, and partners with care management, claims, IT, and business partners.
- Manages and presents cost of care projects to senior leadership including State Plan Presidents.
- Serves on local and enterprise committees.
Plans, leads and oversees cost of care planning meetings and tracks and reports on cost of care projects. May mentor and/or provide training and assistance to Cost of Care Mgrs.
Requires a BS/BA degree; Financial, Business, and Leadership acumen; at least 9 years relevant experience in Health Care; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- MBA, MHA, MA preferred.
- Prior experience with provider network contracting, provider networks, claims, finance, and operations preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well spoken and poised, as well as detail oriented and organized.
- The ability to identify and implement project and programs is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint required.
- Managed Care experience is a plus.
/ Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran. /
Job Provider Network Management
Title: Cost of Care Director - Any Anthem Office or Telecommute - 122443
Requisition ID: 122443