University of North Texas Employer Development Coordinator in Denton, Texas
The UNT Career Center is the centralized career office responsible for the career development and employment of all UNT students and alumni. It has responsibility for all Student Employment, Internships, and Post-Graduate Employment of UNT students.
The Career Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Employment Development Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Expand employer relationships with UNT based on geographic region, major, employer type etc.
- Expand opportunities for students with employers that wish to recruit from particular colleges
- Employ strategies to market UNT and its students in order to increase employer interest and participation in recruiting activities on campus
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Director and Employer Services team to identify employer needs and recommend recruiting options, strategies, and sponsorship opportunities
- Facilitate the expansion and development of the Take Flight Program by developing employer sites
- Assist other staff members in the areas of the Event & Program Management and the Mentoring Program where necessary
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in a related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Master's degree in Business, HR, or related field
- 3-5 years of professional work experience, preferably in sales
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of career development, resources and theories, job search techniques and technologies
- Familiarity with career assessment tools
- Experience working with college students
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Requisition Number: 152182
Job Title: Employer Development Coordinator
Official Title: Student Services Coordinator II
Position Number: 00010501
Department: Career Center - 161510
Is this an internal posting only?: No
Is this a security sensitive position?: Yes
Driving a University Vehicle?: Yes
Job Open Date: 10-10-2016
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: $3,177.92
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62678