BH Management Services Inc. Make Ready Technician - Gardens of Denton in Denton, Texas
MAKE READY TECHNICIAN
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
*Come join our growing community! *
As a Make Ready Technician your primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacant apartment units are restored timely to market-ready status. This position will also perform general repairs and assist in the overall maintenance of the interior and exterior of the property.
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions
General Maintenance Duties
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assists with monitoring of resident satisfaction and ensures follow up on the results by property maintenance staff.
- Inspects the condition of all interior units prior to starting repairs to include, but not limited to; walls, appliances, electrical, plumbing, windows/doors and filters.
- Performs repairs/upkeep to vacant units prior to move-in and within company standards/guidelines; completes required paperwork on service needs and submits to the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Reviews daily work order priorities with the Maintenance Supervisor at the beginning and end of each day.
- On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.
- Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property.
- Has a complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of all property-issued tools.
- This job description does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned.
- Repairs/replaces light bulbs, globes or fixtures
- Repairs/replaces windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors and closets.
- Assists in the repair/replacement/removal of appliances.
- Repairs/replaces faucets, sink plugs, washers.
- Repairs/replaces curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans.
- Repairs plaster; paints as necessary.
- Repairs/replaces sinks, bathtubs, showers.
- Repairs/replaces flooring materials.
- Picks up exterior & interior litter; empties and sanitizes trash containers.
- Assists with maintaining the exterior grounds and common areas of the property.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- Assists with interior/exterior rehabilitation and construction projects.
Make Ready Duties
- Works with the office team and Maintenance Supervisor (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.). Completes work as directed and reports apartments that are ready to show to the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
- Walks all vacant units to determine make-ready needs. Coordinates efforts with Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager to make schedules and assignments. If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discusses with Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager before taking action.
- Ensures all repairs/replacements are completed as necessary for apartment to be occupied.
- Ensures all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Assists with the identification and correction of hazardous community conditions.
- Assists with touring property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and reports to Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
- Attends and participates in BH’s training programs as required.
Ordering and Maintaining Supplies
- Assists with ordering supplies and performing physical inventory of supplies.
- Works with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor with input from maintenance staff, determine supplies and equipment needs. Must get approval from Property Manager prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Available as needed to pick up supplies and inventory items from approved vendors.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
On-Call and Emergencies
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responds to resident service requests within 24 hours.
- Assists with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, snow removal, freezes, etc.
- HVAC certification preferred (most industry certifications accepted) or ability to obtain
- E.P.A Certification preferred (Type II – domestic HVAC systems) or ability to obtain
- E.P.A 410A certification preferred or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred or ability to obtain
- Working knowledge of Microbial Growth preferred
- Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- General maintenance and safety experience strongly preferred
- General knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning preferred
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation may be required based upon specific property needs
Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair
- Ability to learn and institute BH and industry standards
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Physical Requirements/Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
*Temperature/Climate: *This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
*Safety Considerations: * This position will regularly use hand tools, motor-powered tools/equipment and cleaning equipment and may operate company vehicles. May work in a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that include one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, mold or mildew. BH requires all personnel who work with or around all chemicals and/or other substances to follow all company and industry safety standards. The worker may be required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
*Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: * The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, carry, push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds with assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; squat; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. In all cases where lifting is required assistance should be requested and proper lifting equipment should be worn/used. The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required
Personal Protective Equipment necessary: Affected employees are required to use/wear PPE such as, safety goggles, splash shield, gloves, etc.
*Visual/Hearing Capabilities: * The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedules may vary). Some over-time may be required including “on-call” and/or rotating “on-call” responsibilities.
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Gardens of Denton
Job Code: Make Ready
# of openings: 1