University of North Texas Student Services Coordinator I - Study Abroad Advisor in Denton, Texas
UNT-International (UNT-I) is the administrative unit charged with directing all aspects of UNT's international operations and partnerships. UNT-I is a growing and strongly supported organization, and is central to the university's strategic internationalization.
The Study Abroad Office is responsible for coordinating the university's study abroad and exchange programs. Study Abroad has a mandate to expand student participation and to integrate study abroad into the UNT curriculum. We aim to develop new opportunities to meet the unique needs of the UNT community and increase student access to global educational experiences.
The UNT-International Study Abroad Office at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Study Abroad Advisor to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates inbound/outbound student recruiting and advising for a portfolio of study abroad and exchange programs within an assigned region.
- Provides ongoing support to students throughout their program by developing and applying expertise on application and registration processes, visa requirements, financial aid and scholarship resources, health and safety concerns, and resources for cultural adaptation.
- Markets all programs by representing the Study Abroad Office at campus events and developing and maintaining assigned program brochures, materials and applications.
- Oversees all academic and administrative processes for participants by collaborating with multiple offices on campus including the financial aid, registrar and academic advising offices.
- Coordinates or supports one or more special initiatives such as marketing, diversity, assessment, re-entry programming or scholarships.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Master's degree in International or Higher Education Administration, College Student Development, Counseling or related field.
- Experience working in study abroad administration at a four-year college or university or at a study abroad organization.
- Prior experience living, studying or working internationally.
- Experience with StudioAbroad and/or PeopleSoft data management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Outlook;
- Demonstrated experience facilitating the success of individuals representing a broad range of academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, students, and the community; take initiative and work independently; maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Requisition Number: 152168
Job Title: Student Services Coordinator I - Study Abroad Advisor
Official Title: Student Services Coordinator I
Position Number: 00009510
Department: International Affairs-Gen - 110300
Is this an internal posting only?: No
Is this a security sensitive position?: Yes
Driving a University Vehicle?: No
Job Open Date: 10-14-2016
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: $3,024.75
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62661