University of North Texas Time and Labor Analyst Lead in Denton, Texas
The System Controller department provides all accounting, reporting, and service focused operations for all University of North Texas System component institutions. The areas of responsibility include Campus Accounting & Reporting, Student Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, Payroll, centralized external and internal financial reporting, and external compliance related reporting. The University of North Texas System is comprised of three component institutions with four major locations: University of North Texas located in Denton, TX, University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, TX, University of North Texas at Dallas located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, TX, and University of North Texas System located in Downtown Dallas, TX.
This position is located at our Business Service Center in Denton, Texas.
The Controller Operations Department of the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Time and Labor Analyst Lead.
This position performs highly complex (senior-level) payroll time and labor work. Work involves planning, organizing,coordinating, preparing time and labor documents, and maintaining records in the PeopleSoft time and labor system. Assigns and supervises the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Act as liaison between HR/Payroll functional users and IT to lead analysis, requirements definition, system testing, implementation and training
- Work closely with Payroll and departments to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing
- Maintain security and grant access to Time and Labor system for end users
- Identify, evaluate, and implement system enhancements and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements
- Lead the deployments of projects and enhancements to Payroll/Time and Labor information system
- Assist with training, documentation and communications
- Create and disseminate training material to departmental timekeepers
- Assist with resolving questions, assess user needs, and recommends changes
- Run and change PeopleSoft query criteria to create ad-hoc reports as needed for reconciling and balancing payrolls
- Represent the organization by utilizing effective communication and customer service skills to serve customers and provide information and updates on changes and processes
- Provide helpful information and anticipate needs to keep customers up to date and help them utilize the system
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Associate's degree and three years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills, including experience directly supervising others.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required: * Knowledge of effective supervisory methods and techniques and how to establish and maintain schedules * Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of subordinates * Thorough knowledge of or ability to quickly learn applicable laws, codes regulations, standards, methods and practices related to payroll, leave, state service, and time reporting. * Ability to provide high-quality customer service and maintain those standards for the area * Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly * Ability to keep detailed records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats * Demonstrated ability in coordinating and supervising the work of others
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of State Payroll regulations
- Experience with PeopleSoft North American Payroll, and/or Time and Labor, modules
- Specialized knowledge of reported and payable time entry, exceptions, workgroups, and leave accruals
- Experience using PeopleSoft Query Manager
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references with your online application.
Requisition Number: 152192
Job Title: Time and Labor Analyst Lead
Official Title: Time and Labor Analyst Lead
Position Number: 00005991
Department: Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?: No
Is this a security sensitive position?: Yes
Driving a University Vehicle?: No
Job Open Date: 10-13-2016
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62687