The GEO Group FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR - Temporary in EDINBURG, Texas
Under direct supervision, this non-security related position performs a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and serving of foods and beverages, including but not limited to preparing salads, sauces, desserts, coffee, and tea. Responsible for standard food service work including sanitation duties, and various serving responsibilities.
Note this is a temporary position.
Hours: 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM Monday - Sunday (two days off during this cycle)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May be required to perform any of the following food/beverage preparatory work: washing, peeling, scraping and cutting vegetables and fruits; preparing simple salads and slicing cakes and pies; making coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- May be required to dish out portions of food on trays or plates, and pours beverages.
- May be required to perform any of the following cleaning work: scraping, washing, and sorting dishes, glassware and silverware; cleaning kitchen equipment, pots and pans, counters, and tables; sweeping and mopping the floor.
- Assists management in simple inventory counts and similar information needed for the placement of food and supply orders. Receives deliveries and takes inventory.
- Responsible for the preparation of various documentation required in the food service operation including preparation and inventory pull sheets, production/service documentation, sanitation records, and meal delivery records.
- Assists management in conducting orientation and training for staff and detainee workers.
- Monitors and directs detainee workers in tray preparation, cleanup, sanitation and other related duties to the operation of the food service area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.