Texas Tech University Assistant Director in El Paso, Texas
Performs varied and complex administrative duties in the management and coordination of a large specialized project and/or program. Requires independent judgment and application of established policies and procedures. Works under general supervision with evaluation based on overall results obtained.
- Manages institution-wide processes to meet reporting requirements set forth by professional organizations, as well as state, regional, and federal entities which regulate delivery of higher education programs
- Reports to the Director of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness at TTUHSC El Paso
- Employs working knowledge and determines appropriate statistical analysis to quantitative and qualitative data, and utilizes statistical software applications (e.g. SPSS, SAS) in order to answer research and evaluation questions to improve to educational processes across the HSC
- Assists the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness in the design of research and evaluation processes to inform Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives at the institutional level, to provide effective support to schools, departments, and programs, in their CQI efforts, and to meet external reporting requirements including accreditation standards for the HSC and all its components
- Provides infrastructural and assessment support for the collection and tracking of school-based academic program data, to include student satisfaction and faculty end of course reports. Involves assessment analysis results, performance measures, and educational outcome data, to support ongoing school-based evaluation, planning and effectiveness efforts
- Generates statistical, narrative, and graphical reports to communicate research findings and to meet state, regional and national reporting requirements, including accreditation standards
- Develops processes and monitors data collection through effective use of various quantitative and qualitative methods in order to monitor school-based assessment/evaluation processes and progress in achieving strategic goals and objectives, and to meet external reporting data requirements
- Develops presentations of findings and outcomes, for regular meetings, workshops and trainings utilizing presentation software
- Utilizes large-scale, institutional databases and data management systems for ongoing collection, storage, and analysis of data and processes; maintains assessment/evaluation data and develops process for ongoing collection, storage, and maintenance of school-based data and related reports
- Manages a comprehensive assessment institutional Plan that will ensure a systematic and outgoing process for assessing and improving learning outcomes
- Travels to regional/national meetings and/or workshops approximately two times per year and presents research findings to a variety of audiences on an as needed basis
- Prepares high-quality, professional and accurate reports, and ensures timely submission of reports to internal and external entities at the institutional, state, and federal level and to professional organizations
- Provides logistical management and effectively organizes regular meetings of institutional groups and committees, as related to assessment/evaluation processes
Bachelor's degree in the area of specialization or closely related field. Three years of related administrative and technical experience. Additional job related education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Position Specific Qualifications
- Background in social/behavioral science, education, assessment, and/or evaluation research, with competency pertaining to research design, quantitative/qualitative research methods, and descriptive/inferential statistical analysis
- Experience in the development and application of metrics for social science/education research/program evaluation and for monitoring outcomes associated with quality improvement initiatives
- Experience in the use of databases to organize, analyze, interpret, and report data for the purposes of answering research questions and to meet reporting requirements
- Competence in utilizing standard office computing and common statistical software (e.g. MS Office products, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Ability to produce accurate and effective reports and presentations; ability to produce clear narrative and graphical depictions of research results and outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with peers and supervisors
- Ability to establish and maintain professional, positive, and collaborative working relationships with all levels of personnel; ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to take initiative and work independently under moderate supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to perform public speaking duties when necessary
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong work ethic and ability to consistently meet deadlines and productively expectations; highly dependable and reliable
Doctoral degree in educational administration, higher education, public administration, business administration/management, public health, social/behavior sciences, or a related field is preferred. Earned master's degree in social/behavioral science, education, or related field, from an accredited university. Experience with the collection and utilization of assessment/evaluation/institutional research data for the development and implementation of improvement initiatives in a higher education or health sciences education setting. Experience with assessment of educational program/learning outcomes. Experience with the collection and utilization of research data for institutional reporting purposes. 3-5 years of professional experience working with institutional data at an institution of higher education.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Assistant Director
Work Location: El Paso
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Campus: HSC - El Paso
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Transcript Professional/Personal References Resume / CV Cover Letter
Optional Attachments: Recommendation/Referral
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Other Administrative
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: 3256.75
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9029BR