Texas Tech University Coding & Reimburs Spec in El Paso, Texas
Reviews official medical records with physician/healthcare provider documentation and assigns appropriate codes for all physician/healthcare provider services from current editions of official coding sources. Ensures accurate, complete, and timely code assignments for all physician/healthcare providers.
- Responsible for keeping current in the use of ICD-10 and CPT4 coding, modifying and/or updating inpatient/outpatient billing forms accordingly
- Responsible for working and appealing rejected claims to assure payment is received for services rendered. Responsible for the collection and appeals of the various work files
- Implements and enforces federal state regulations regarding professional service descriptions, coding, fee billing, reimbursement and service substantiation. Assures physicians and staff are following documentation guidelines and proper code usage for billable services as well as coding healthcare items and services in accordance with TTUHSC's policies and applicable payer standards
- Maintains and operates systems to capture professional fees and proper codes for reimbursement that result in appropriate collections rates and a reduction or elimination of denials and rejections
- Develop, analyze, and prepare weekly reports for hospital based NSQIP programs aimed at quality improvement bases at the hospital
- Operates compliance audit program for evaluation of medical records, billing documentation and charge coding
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus at least two (2) years of coding and reimbursement experience that includes procedural and diagnosis coding. OR A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus successful completion of a recognized procedural and diagnosis coding course.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Coding & Reimburs Spec
Work Location: El Paso
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Campus: HSC - El Paso
Department: Orthopaedics Elp
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Transcript Professional License or Certification Resume / CV
Job Type: Part Time
Job Group: Clerical/Secretarial
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 14.48
Travel Required: None
Schedule Details: M-F, as needed.
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9000BR