PRIDE Industries Craft Instructor in El Paso, Texas
More information about this job:
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
POSITION SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, the Craft Instructor will work with the Senior Craft Instructor to design and implement craft training to ensure student success in the classroom and later, on the job. Through meaningful instruction and an emphasis on safety, Instructors are expected to convey working knowledge in their area of expertise to students while following guidelines prescribed in the designated curriculum.
SUPERVISES: There are no direct reports associated with this position.
- *Teach and assist in developing and implementing building and construction courses under general supervision of Senior Craft Instructor.
- *Work under the guidance of colleagues to develop an understanding of student needs especially as it pertains to the disabled and at-risk population.
- *Design, deliver, assess, and coordinate instruction in terms of student learning outcomes to include supporting training materials.
- *Employ math and critical thinking skill development as part of classroom learning
- *Demonstrate proper tool and equipment use with an emphasis on safety.
- *Prepare and as necessary, revise student learning outcomes and syllabi in conjunction with rehabilitation counselor and Senior Craft Instructor.
- *Plan, organize, and carry out instructional and non-instructional assignments independently and collaboratively with other faculty and staff.
- *Work closely with Administrative and Training Manager and Senior Craft Instructor to forecast future training logistics including scheduling, preparation, and coordination of training materials as well as classroom set-up and tear down.
- *Create reports to be disseminated to internal and external entities in relation to attendance, training progress, etc. as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- At least 5 years’ experience minimum journey, modern journey or technical level in area of expertise;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in education, a construction-related field, industrial arts, engineering, or a similar field from an accredited post-secondary institution;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience at a supervisory level or higher in the construction or maintenance industry;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a certified teacher in a vocational/technical construction or maintenance related training program or a combination of all of the above;
- Experience providing direction and assistance to others in both a classroom and individual setting;
- Bi-lingual - Spanish is required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
- Computer literacy skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of how to use presentation tools;
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, and common sense skills;
- Human Relations skills to maintain an effective working relationship with other staff, students, and clients.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Viewing Computer/TV Screens
- Bending, stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds
- Exposure to wind, rain, cold, and heat
- Noise from equipment in work site environment
- Exposure to toxic substances
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a shop/construction environment a majority of the time around tools and various equipment. The remainder of work is performed in a classroom/office environment. Travel to various worksites and jobs is required. Employees may be required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per week.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com . PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
Full Time Regular
US - TX - El Paso