West Suburban Medical Center ECHOSONOGRAPHER PRN ROTATING AT THE HOSPITALS OF PROVIDENCE TRANSMOUNTAIN CAMPUS in El Paso, Texas
ECHOSONOGRAPHER PRN ROTATING AT THE HOSPITALS OF PROVIDENCE TRANSMOUNTAIN CAMPUS (Job Number: 1605049076)
The Registered Echosonographer performs satisfactory echo imaging on patients of all ages with a minimum of errors. Processes images and notifies physician of any abnormalities in a timely manner.
Oversees the entering of patient charges to assure accuracy and timeliness.
Deals effectively and pro-actively with physicians.
Work collaboratively with other members of the management team for effective
patient care. Using appropriate sized transducer, performs cardiac ultrasound
on adult patients. Performs
echocardiography using 2D, pulsed, continuous and color flow. Able to recognize and identify the
sonographic appearance of normal and congenital anomalies, acquired cardiac
disease, anatomic structures, physiology and hemodynamics of the heart and
College Level: ■ Associate □ Bachelors □ Masters
· Associates degree in Ultrasonic Science, or
· At least 2 years on-the-job training in a fully equipped CVS laboratoryRequired Licenses/Certifications
· ARDMS or CCI Registered or Registry eligible (Must take exam within 90 days of employment)
· Hospital policy requires that anyone who operates a vehicle must have a driver’s license and proof of insurance.
· CPRRequired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English
· Ability to learn and integrate technical aspects of the laboratory as a whole
· Ability to make quick and accurate decisions under stress and emergency situations
· Ability to use computers (i.e. Microsoft Office, PAC’s systems, Order/Charge entry)Experience Required:
· Minimum 2 year approved Echosonographic training program with associate’s degree.
Minimum 2 year experience in Echosonography
Primary Location: TX-El Paso
Organization: The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus