HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Graduate Nurse or Registered Nurse NICU / FT Nights in El Paso, Texas
The R N staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, delegates and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Neonatal acute medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: cardiovascular, pulmonary, neuron, GI, GU, skeletal/muscular, renal, orthopedic conditions and diseases including but not limited to shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process in the neonatal age.
- Communicates, interacts, and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Practices, endorses, and provides customer service skills to patients, family members, physicians, and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of the patient's right to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on the neonatal assessment.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
- Sets priorities and organizes the workload on a nursing unit.
- Administer and appraise Quality Improvement within the services provided.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS *
Texas or Compact State Nursing License
NRP Certification within 6 months or immediately with experience
S.T.A.B.L.E. course within 6 months or immediately with experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE *
Graduate from an Associate Degree Program or
Graduate from a Bachelor Degree of Nursing Program
Effective oral and written communication skills
Ability to work within a team to ensure quality care
Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
Basic computer skills needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES *
Preferred health care experience
Preferred Neonatal experience
Title: Graduate Nurse or Registered Nurse NICU / FT Nights
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-16542