HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Graduate Nurse or Registered Nurse Ob-Gyn / FT Nights in El Paso, Texas
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: The obstetric ante, and postpartum patient including but not limited to vaginal and cesarean section deliveries. Population will also include the neonate. GYN patients will also be included in the population served on 4-South.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for OB/GYN and antepartum patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN, required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. Required.
- Current BLS certification. Required
- Current NRP certification upon hire (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire). Required
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire. Required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Labor and delivery, obstetrics and gynecology and postpartum experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Title: Graduate Nurse or Registered Nurse Ob-Gyn / FT Nights
Location: Texas-El Paso-Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01512-16598