Texas Tech University Guard in El Paso, Texas
Performs security work in the protection of property and facilities against theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other destructive activities.
- Patrol buildings and grounds to maintain security and to prevent and detect thefts, vandalism, illegal entry and circulate among visitors, patrons, employees and staff to preserve order and protect property
- Lock and unlock buildings, offices or doors as necessary
- Monitor security and fire alarms and closely observe CCTV screens for situations needing intervention by guards, police officers or fire department and request assistance as necessary
- Operate two way radios within department guidelines and FCC regulations to keep the department informed of security concerns or issues
- Prepare, process and issue HSC identification badges to faculty, staff and employees ensuring that proper authorization and identification are presented. Prepare security deficiency notices, report missing or damaged Tech property
- Provide or assist in training of new guard employees
- Provide crowd control and provide personal safety security at athletic events, university functions, graduations, etc. for staff, employees and visitors
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information
- Provide security of crime scenes when needed. Operate an unmarked police vehicle in a safe and efficient manner
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in written and mathematical processes as may be reflected by the completion of the tenth grade plus one year of security, customer service, public relations or related experience.
Possession of High School diploma or GED. Possession of Texas Driver's License.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Guard
Work Location: El Paso
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Campus: HSC - El Paso
Department: Police Elp
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Transcript
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Protective Services
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 10.65
Travel Required: None
Schedule Details: 24/7 shift including weekends and holidays
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9009BR