Education Corporation of America Instructor - Full Time - Electrical Technician in El Paso, Texas
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then consider joining us at Brightwood College.
Brightwood College (or Career Institute if campus is in PA) is an institution of higher education dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
We keep education relevant by employing staff and instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
To learn more about our school, please click here: www.brightwood.edu
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.ecacolleges.com
Under general supervision, plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the program. Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops the syllabus for each course assigned based on ACICS and department criteria. The syllabus is to include learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms.
- Distributes the syllabus to the Academic Dean, the Program Director and to each student at the first scheduled class session.
- Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
- Prepare and grades examinations based upon course objectives and published exam schedule and returns all assignments in a timely manner.
- Implements evaluation for outcomes assessment, and achieves established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction.
- Works creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Leaves the classroom or laboratory clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
- Submits, at the designated time, final grades for all students on the class roster.
- Accurately maintains attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submits class roster daily, maintains a separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and turned in at the end of the term.
- Calls all students who are absent and submits written reports of pertinent information to the Program Director.
- Attends faculty meetings, in-service meetings, graduation and other college events as required by the College.
- Dresses professionally in accordance with faculty dress code.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred. Minimum, candidates must possess a High School Diploma / GED.
- Documented formal training as an Electrician and/or Electrical Technician.
- Master Electrician or Residential Journeyman highly preferred (must be current). Certified or Licensed Electrical Technician minimum (per state requirements).
- 3 years documented work experience in the field.
- Candidates should have working knowledge of Industrial, Commercial and Residential environments.
- Solid background working with PLCs, Electronic/Motor Controls, AC/DC power and solid state.
- Experience in fire controls and control systems desirable.
- Must be able to read, understand and convey blue prints and associated building and construction documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Requisition Number: 212340ISFT003ELP
Post Date: 10/3/2016
Location: Brightwood College - El Paso
Title: Instructor - Full Time - Electrical Technician
City: El Paso