The Hospitals of Providence Insurance Verification Representative, The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus, El Paso, TX in El Paso, Texas
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management at http://coniferhealth.com/revenue-cycle.html , patient communication at http://coniferhealth.com/patient-communications.html s, and value-based care at http://coniferhealth.com/valuebasedcare.html solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for an Insurance Verification Representative.
Responsible for collecting necessary benefit, authorization and patient estimate liability to properly financial clear upcoming patient visits. This position impacts the Hospital’s financial bottom line. Reimbursement for services rendered is dependent upon the insurance benefit verification and meeting the authorization requirements of the various insurance payors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
· Communicate with insurance companies for the purpose of collecting and documenting information necessary to financially clear patients (eligibility, authorization, benefits, and calculate patient liability calculations).
· Coordinates with insurance providers and departments to obtain referrals and pre-authorization, documents these findings into the appropriate system(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to handle high productivity standards, at exceptional quality requirements
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient data entry and typing skills (40 WPM)
· Proficient in the use of general office equipment (computers, fax and copier)
· Exeptional problem solving and analytical abilities
· Effective communicator able to converse in a professional and intelligible manner regarding Patient Access business
· Ability to work within a team setting and be supportive of team members
· Ability to multi-task within multiple systems
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
· High school education or the equivalent
· 2 – 5 years’ administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance verification, or related area preferred
· 2 – 5 years’ experience in Customer Service or related call center environment preferred
· 1 – 2 years prior experience in a call center and hospital patient account billing with experience or knowledge of reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
· Ability to work extended hours when required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Call Center environment with headset and multiple work stations within close proximity
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Title: Insurance Verification Representative, The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus, El Paso, TX
Location: TX-El Paso
Requisition ID: 1605050789