Cardinal Health Lead Associate, Warehouse Operations(2nd shift) in El Paso, Texas
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Manage inbound and outbound of raw material
- Organize the team to efficiently receive and storage raw material
- Making sure Safety, Quality and Efficiencies (performance) goals are achieved
- Send a constant flow of trailers to Juarez, making sure we are following customs requirements
- Make sure we receive and send critical Raw Material so we don’t stop production in El Paso or Juarez
- Lead and motivate a group of around 10 people, (good people skills)
- Be able to generate projects for improvements and process optimization.
- Generates daily reports regarding material received and pending, as well as any other issues that could happened during the shift.
- 2nd shift, hours vary from 1:45-10:15pm to 2-10:30pm
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and follow up skills required
- 4+ years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Good written communication skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assignments
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.