Texas Tech University Lead Specialists in El Paso, Texas
Performs advanced, specialized work to assist in the organization and implementation of various projects and programs. Work is performed under minimal supervision within established policies with latitude for independent judgment. Works on special projects as assigned. May substitute for supervisor during his/her absence.
- Monitor Axiom, BANNER, TMDSAS, and AMP to ensure that all applicants have accurately transferred within systems and status have changed
- Admit MATCH students using BANNER
- Process all admitted student’s application files and transcripts into BANNER and Xtender
- Create a student record in BANNER for all students attending the JAMP Summer II Program
- Run Cognos reports to ensure status and holds on student records have been applied/removed
- Screen and evaluate medical school applications
- Assist in preparation/conduct of interview days and subsequent Admissions Committee meetings
- Prepare a variety of documents (incoming student's contact list, colleges list, Powerpoint presentations)
- Submit and track JIRA work tickets
- Maintains a wide variety of confidential materials relating to department faculty, staff, students, and applicants
- Oversee, manage, and track the Safety Program within the Office of Admissions (USO)
- Assist with outreach/pipeline programs as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean, Director or Associate Director
High school plus six years experience in related field. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with BANNER, AMP, TMDSAS, and Xtender
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe and web applications
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data and statistical information in the form of graphs, charts and tables
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Self Starter
- Time management skills
- Event planning.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Lead Specialists
Work Location: El Paso
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Campus: HSC - El Paso
Department: Admissions Elp
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Transcript Professional/Personal References Recommendation/Referral Resume / CV Cover Letter
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Clerical/Secretarial
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 14.48
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9016BR