Texas Tech University Patient Services Specialist in El Paso, Texas
This position is responsible for assuring smooth operation of the clinic patient flow and serves as the primary contact for patients. Responsible for scheduling appointments, preparing necessary paperwork before the patient visits, receiving patients, and maintaining records. In addition, this position is responsible for processing charges for clinic services, filing insurance claims, responding to requests for information from patients and insurance companies and maintaining related information for the department. Employees in this classification receive general supervision. Most work is performed according to established procedures; problems of an unusual nature are referred to supervisor. Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Work is performed in usual clinic conditions and requires a high degree of contact with patients, HSC staff, and insurance companies. Employees have cash handling responsibilities.
- Responds courteously and efficiently to all incoming calls and schedules patients in the CB appointment system as indicated.
- Processes patients.
- Verifies current patient information in the CB system and registers new patients and enters pertinent patient information into the system.
- Collects payments from patients.
- Prepares daily schedule of patient appointments and notifies clinical staff of changes.
- Prepares a label for new patient and updates patient's information.
- Responsible to reschedule missed appointments at Provider's request.
- Upon request, coordinates information pertaining to prescriptions, refills, lab reports, letters, etc. with physician and patients.
- Assists patient with applications and insurance forms as indicated.
- Performs related job functions to meet departmental goals and objectives.
Position Specific Qualification:
Knowledge of cashiering and customer service experience.
Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience: At least three years of general office experience. At least one year of general office experience in a clinic or physician's office or At least 90 days service at TTUHSC as a Patient Services Trainee, documented completion of all relevant IDX training and a recent performance appraisal on file with a rating of meeting or exceeding expectations.
Bilingual English/Spanish. Must have computer skills to maneuver through the system.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Patient Services Specialist
Work Location: El Paso
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Campus: HSC - El Paso
Department: Family Medicine Elp Genl
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Optional Attachments: Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Clerical/Secretarial
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 12.42
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9004BR