Texas Tech University Program Coordinator / SCI in El Paso, Texas
Supports the program director by performing administrative duties related to planning, directing and coordinating both the academic and operational activities of the program and administration of the Medical School's curriculum.
- Serves as a key participant with senior leadership and faculty in the implementation of the medical school curriculum
- Managing all entries to CHAMP and Canvas assuring that entries are current, accurate, and consistent with agreed upon format and styles. Entries include but are not limited to: course calendar/schedule, room assignments, Power Point presentations, reading assignments, course objectives, video files and web links etc.
- Scheduling of rooms appropriate for scheduled educational activities (e.g., lecture halls, small group rooms, labs, etc.) as requested by faculty
- In cooperation with senior leadership, create course calendar, oversee posting of course calendar, monitor calendar and timelines for CHAMP and Canvas
- Serves as liaison between the Department of Medical Education and course directors, associate director and faculty and also with staff supporting CHAMP in the IT department
- As requested, generate SCI Academic reports documenting curriculum implementation, examination results (aggregate and individual), and evaluation results
- Assist in promoting “perks” for community volunteer faculty with IT access (e-raider, e-mail, VPN, SharePoint, etc.), library privileges, faculty identification cards, and website for volunteer faculty resources
- Participate in exam proctoring as a regular member of the ‘proctor pool’ as assigned
- Responsible for obtaining final semester grades and enter them onto Banner by established deadlines. Employee will be expected to follow FERPA and HIPAA standards of confidentiality
- Validate and/or create Pre- Clerkship courses during rollover period within Banner system for upcoming school year.
High school plus six years experience in related field. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
Experience working with Canvas (may have been acquired as a student). Experience in the Public or Community Health arena with an emphasis in both community clinics and hospitals. Experience with coordinating events such as large scale (100 plus attendees) luncheons and symposiums.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Program Coordinator / SCI
Work Location: El Paso
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Campus: HSC - El Paso
Department: Clinic and Basic Sciences Elp
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Professional/Personal References Resume / CV Cover Letter
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Clerical/Secretarial
Pay Basis: Hourly
Minimum Hire Rate: 14.48
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 9011BR