Texas Tech University Programmer Analyst IV in El Paso, Texas
The Programmer Analyst IV's role is to assist with the development of project plans to test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This position is also responsible for supervising and/or leading the development of new systems, directing changes to existing systems, controlling the interfaces between the systems, initiating complex feasibility studies, and making recommendations of the action to be taken. The position is also expected to assist senior departmental management in determining the strategic IT direction for the area and/or unit and, as such, may interface with key IT leadership. Discretion and sound judgment is expected.
- Act as software architect during the upgrade of Centricity EMR, PACS, Patient Portal and other related clinical database driven applications to include in-house application deployments.
- Apply business intelligence (BI) role to strategically design and develop a plan to implement BI software and systems related to the main clinical systems. This includes integration with the EMR database and other systems.
- Conduct technical design before development phase to ensure a successful implementation following I.T. best practices and conduct code review before application is deployed to test environment enforcing programming standards.
- Develop in-house applications with proper technical documentation.
- Evaluation of solutions that support strategic goals and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Computer Information Systems, Networking and Security Teams to plan and implement security measures to safeguard all database driven applications. Monitor databases and report any issues to the appropriate teams. Assist with the implementation of security updates and windows updates and any other required patches or updates.
- Leads efforts to analyze, review, and modify existing software to increase operational efficiency. Adapt to new programming requirements.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Be available during off working hours in case of an emergency.
- Perform database assignments including but not limited to administration, monitor, backup, restore and troubleshooting.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus five (5) years related full-time paid experience. For HSC Only: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed. For TTU Only: Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- One or more years experience implementing or supporting healthcare information systems.
- Experience working in the medical field.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Record software.
- Experience working with Clinical/Medical Information Systems.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Programmer Analyst IV
Work Location: El Paso
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Campus: HSC - El Paso
Department: Technology Services Elp
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Resume / CV
Optional Attachments: Transcript
Job Type: Full Time
Job Group: Computer/IT/Communications
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: 3693
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 8997BR