U.S. Army Medical Command Supervisory Nurse (Clinical/Emergency Head Nurse) in El Paso, Texas
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- El Paso, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Saturday 10/15/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (1 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Department of Emergency Medicine at William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX. Since 1921, William Beaumont Army Medical Center (WBAMC) has provided care for military personnel and their eligible family members. WBAMC is one of two trauma centers in El Paso County and consists of twelve stories that cover more than a half-million square feet of floor space. WBAMC provides trauma care to the surrounding community and a full range of medical care to Fort Bliss, which supports over 19,000 troops and will grow to over 37,000 as it undergoes the largest post expansion in the Army. William Beaumont offers an array of programs in many medical disciplines and has close partnerships with higher learning institutions. The medical center is easily accessible and offers ample free parking, an exchange, dining facility, barber shop, cleaners, flower shop, chapel, credit union, gym, and more. The staff members of William Beaumont are closely-knit and consider each other as a unified team with the goal of providing excellent patient care. Caring for our soldiers and their families is an excellent way of showing our support. To learn more, visit www.wbamc.amedd.army.mil
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Supervisory Nurse (Clinical/Emergency Head Nurse), you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as the Assistant Clinical Nurse Officer in Charge (ACNOIC) for William Beaumont Army Medical Center (WBAMC) for the Emergency Services/Emergency Room.
- Provide a full range of supervisory duties, to include personnel and resource management comprised of coordinating staffing support, scheduling, and hiring.
- Provide care coordination activities internally within the accountable care organization.
- Serve as a nursing subject matter expert and performs direct patient nursing care, as needed.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both technical and administrative matters.
- Not Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Work schedule may require evenings, weekends and holiday work hours.
- Shifts are rotating and are normally 8-12 hours in duration.
- "On-Call" duty status required for this position.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Degree: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Registration: Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: assisting with the preparation of patient and/or staff schedules, evaluating nursing staff performance and/or training needs and providing nursing care to urgent, emergent, and/or trauma patients. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One-year supervisory probationary period required. A one-year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Employees that have successfully completed the initial probationary period will be required to complete an additional one-year probationary period for the initial appointment to a supervisory position.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI). This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Position requires certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $72,613.00 to $92,316.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453457500
Job Announcement Number: NCMD165976261826043HM