Volunteers of America Texas Employment Specialist-HR in Euless, Texas
Employment Specialist Hutchins, Texas Volunteers of America - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For almost 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of _ “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential”_ through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
The Employment Specialist position is available at our Hutchins Correctional facility of VOATX which offers residential re-entry services for individuals transitioning back into society following incarceration. This position will provide assistance to clients seeking employment and will assist with obtaining and maintaining full-time permanent employment.
- Develops, implements, and supervises the job development program.
- Conducts Job Readiness class to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining full-time, permanent employment.
- Maintains client employment documentation and verification as required by sponsoring agencies.
- Develops and maintains potential employment opportunities.
- Establishes vocational and educational resources in the community; makes referrals as required or needed.
- Ensures the timely collection of client fees/wages and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Submits accurate program reports in a timely manner.
- Conducts on-site employment visitations for clients as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University plus three years experience in applicable social and/or financial services. Masters degree is highly preferred
- A Texas Drivers License is required and the ability to be insured.
- Financial Coaching Certification considered a plus.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.
AA/EEO/M/F/D/V Title:: Employment Specialist-HR
Starting Pay:: 17.00
Location:: Euless, TX
2nd Location:: N/A
Classification:: Full-Time Hourly
Work Schedule:: 8-5