WestRock Engineering Manager in Evadale, Texas
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Engineering Manager - Evadale, TX
This position manages and supports the implementation of all capital projects within the mill. The position requires strong leadership, project management and controls, technical, and paper mill process skills to coordinate different disciplines and project processes within the Engineering Department, Operations, Maintenance, consulting engineers, and vendors. The prospective candidate should have the ability to manage and participate in project development/implementation.
How You will impact WestRock
- Manage all conceptual, scoping, detailed design and construction, and implementation/startup of approved capital projects with the objective of meeting project goals.
- Coordinate all factions of projects between engineering disciplines, Operations, Maintenance Departments, engineering contractors and construction contractors.
- Perform Engineering studies for potential capital jobs.
- Manage the capital project portfolio
- Understand all mill safety policies and procedures, and actively participate in the Mill’s safety programs and processes.
What You need for success
- The Qualified candidate should have 10 plus years of Engineering experience, functional understanding of the paper making process, and strong project management and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and leadership skills, team player
- Minimal travel is required