WestRock Human Resources Manager in Evadale, Texas
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager has the overall responsibility for general management, strategic planning, and fulfillment of all HR services, including safety initiatives and education. This position directs the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a diverse range of policies, procedures, in support of established mission and goals. It requires extensive experience managing union grievance processes as well as the ability to proactively and effectively improve union relationships at all levels of the organization. As such, problem solving, coaching and conflict resolution are critical skills to be successful in this role. The HR Manager will work closely with the General Manager, and Mill Leadership Team to achieve the short and long term goals for the facility. The HR Manager will direct the employee-related initiatives.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Oversees all aspects of a multi-functional HR Department including Compensation, Employment, Benefits, Training, Safety and Health, Employee Relations, and Labor Relations.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable Federal and State Laws including EEO, FMLA, HIPAA, ADA, and Collective Bargaining.
- Responsible for developing and continually improving the safety and health processes for the facility and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Conducts periodic training on applicable topics including sexual harassment, diversity, and employment law.
- Responsible for meeting the staffing needs of the organization. This includes the selection, testing, and hiring of employees as well as conducting new employee orientation.
- Responsible for developing and improving the knowledge and skills of the organization. This includes analyzing training needs, determining how to deliver the training needs, as well as coaching and mentoring.
- Coordinates labor relations activities including contract interpretation and grievance administration. Handles complaints, settles disputes, resolves grievances and conflicts, and conducts internal investigative procedures.
- Responsible for the administrative aspects of the human resources function including maintaining records and confidential employee files, and providing statistical and regulatory reporting.
- Researches and introduces policy changes for General Manager and Leadership Team approval. Consults and advises Leadership Team on topics of interest that could have a major impact on employee morale.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires effective written and oral communication
- Professional negotiating skills
- Ability to investigate and assess employee conflicts objectively and solve such issues using a variety of methods and tools, including coaching and conflict resolution.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Human Resources Manager