WestRock Process Control Engineer in Evadale, Texas
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Process Control Engineer
Process Control Engineer functions as an integral team member and leader in the Process Control Systems Support Group for the Evadale Mill. Position reports to Process Control Group Leader and is part or the Production Services support for the mill. Responsibilities include delivering and maintaining reliability of the facility’s process control system.
How you will impact WestRock:
In this role, you will serve as a project technical lead in the development, installation, integration, implementation, maintenance and administration of Evadale's distributed process control system’s hardware, software, and networks. Your performance will directly impact safety/environmental, quality, cost, and productivity results in assigned process areas.
Primary technical responsibilities include:
- Install and configure DCS/PLC network hardware, software and peripheral equipment; troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve server and control system networked devices hardware and software issues.
- Perform facility Control System network administration functions; monitor and add applications, users and devices; run server security procedures and capacity reports.
- Work directly with operations, maintenance and control suppliers to trouble shoot daily production issues, resolve long term stability issues, and establish work procedures to sustain process improvement.
- Work on special projects as directed by Process Control Group Leader.
Related responsibilities include:
- Understand all mill safety policies and procedures, actively participate in the Mill's safety programs/processes, and be personally accountable for your own safety as well as your coworker's.
- Evolve and execute mill wide control systems upgrade plans while sustaining legacy DCS/PLC system hardware and all supporting software.
- On-going facility capital planning focused on sustaining control systems reliability and upgrade needs.
- Work closely with Operations, Maintenance and other Process Control Engineers to understand and address specific process areas’ control systems challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with equipment suppliers and maintain vendor inside technical resource contacts.
- Deliver and sustain tools required to efficiently insure control system health including on-line monitoring and automatic alert applications.
- Assist in developing and executing an effective control system training plan for mill E&I personnel, operators and process control & process engineers
- Serve on mill process optimization teams as assigned. Experience leading/participating in structured problem-solving teams is desired.
- Liaison to mill and corporate EIS/MES groups to insure reliable and secure connectivity between Control Systems and business systems.
- Position requires less than 10% travel.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Electrical or Chemical disciplines preferred
- 3-5+ years’ experience in process control, QCS or other automation experience to include large-scale upgrades. Paper Industry experience is a plus but is not required.
- Direct experience with Honeywell, Delta V or Metso/Valmet DCS platforms, QCS and/or Web Inspection Systems and associated configuration is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment and establish effective working relationships with various disciplines in the mill and external service providers.
- Basic knowledge of networks, switches, PCs, Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and knowledge of various computer software
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Process Control Engineer