WestRock Technical Sales Service Manager, Liquid Packaging in Evadale, Texas
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Manager, Technical Sales Service, Liquid Packaging - Evadale, TX
Manages Liquid Packaging/Graphic Liner Technical Sales Group. The group is responsible for providing technical assistance to WestRock’s Liquid Packaging/Graphic Liner strategic business unit and its customers. This assistance includes emergency troubleshooting calls (on-site and by phone), conducting plant audits, account maintenance, training, and other customer requested technical services. This individual will have strong information gathering and communication skills, bringing market knowledge from the field back to WestRock Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Development, Production and Sales in order to improve delivered value to the customer. Will manage group’s budget and allocation of representative’s time to individual customer accounts. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of Liquid Packaging/Graphic Liner industry. Has ability to work independently and to complete difficult assignments. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Significant international travel.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK
- Managing TSS representatives and customer accounts in order to maximize value proposition for WestRock Liquid Packaging/Graphic Liner customers
- Provides on-site and remote customer services including start ups, troubleshooting, training, and account maintenance visits
- Provides accurate and timely service, audit, quality, and technical consultation
- Assist sales force by making proactive calls
- Provides support and assistance for engineering/design improvements and changes.
- Technical support for innovation projects including trial coverage at customer’s sites.
- Proactively and reactively assisting in process improvement projects both internal and external
- Insuring growth and development of direct reports
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline strongly preferred
- Field service and professional work experience of 10+ years
- Knowledge of and adherence to safe work practices
- Strong leadership/managerial skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in flexographic printing processes and equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic statistical, spreadsheet and word processing skills
- Basic Project Management experience
- Analytical skills such as six sigma or lean manufacturing would be beneficial
- Extensive travel (>60%) with some nonstandard work weeks/ hours.
- Knowledge in the Liquid Packaging and Graphic Liner converting operations a plus
Technical Sales Service Manager, Liquid Packaging