U.S. Army Medical Command Nurse Practitioner (Dermatology) in Fort Hood, Texas
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:*Fort Hood, TX:* Ft Hood is nicknamed The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families. Ft Hood covers a total of 340 sq miles and rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove. Whether you are into history, entertainment, water, or Texas-style events, there is something for everyone in your family. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Ft Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities. Please visit: http://pao.hood.army.mil/.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse Practitioner (Dermatology), you will:
- Assess patients referred to the Dermatology Clinic by reviewing medical records, performing physical examinations, interpreting diagnostic tests, and performing the appropriate evaluation.
- Recognizes routine and emergent conditions inherent to the specialty of dermatology and manages these conditions as appropriate for a nurse practitioner trained in the specialty of dermatology.
- Provides follow-up care on patients previously seen in the clinic.
- Orders routine laboratory tests, imaging studies (to include X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans) and is able to interpret results.
- Performs biopsies, excisions, and other dermatologic procedures with supervising physician oversight. Provides appropriate acute and chronic management of dermatologic conditions.
- Prescribes medications appropriate for treatment of acute and chronic dermatologic diseases
- Not Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Basic Requirement for Nurse (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner/Family Practice): Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed. Registration: An active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience, which includes providing physical examinations on dermatology patients, treating or prescribing medications for dermatological conditions, or educating patients regarding dermatology medical care. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11). Certification: This position requires a current, active, valid, certificate, unrestricted license, or authorization to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction. Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For a GS-12 position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472226200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $90,399.00 to $113,420.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472226200
Job Announcement Number: NCMD177604771973713HM