U.S. Army Medical Command Physical Therapist in Fort Sam Houston, Texas
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Sam Houston, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Saturday 10/15/2016 (12 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (1 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
This position is located at Brooke Army Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology, Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), located at Fort Sam Houston, TX is a modern, state-of-the-art 450-bed health care facility that provides level-one trauma and graduate medical education. The physical appearance and efficiency of space throughout the hospital creates a user-friendly, high quality healthcare environment for patients, their families, and health care providers. Fort Sam Houston is located in San Antonio, the second largest metropolitan area in Texas with a warm climate and close proximity to beaches.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physical Therapist you will: Provide pelvic floor physical therapy patient care and management Evaluate referred clients for diagnosis and treatment planning to determine current levels of functioning
Provide direct therapy, consultation, monitoring, and co-teaching models of services to patients with identified pelvic floor physical therapy needs Perform functional area assessments to include gross and fine motor skills, deep tendon reflexes, peripheral sensory testing, gait and ambulation, muscle strength, joint range motion, self-care skills, activities of daily living skills, and neuromuscular functioning Act as a consultant to family members, physicians, and other personnel throughout the Department of Defense
- Not Required
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
* Degree:* Successful completion of a degree that included or was supplemented by (1) a physical therapy curriculum approved by a recognized professional accrediting organization at the time the curriculum was completed, and (2) the clinical affiliation requirements prescribed by the school.
Licensure: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as a Physical Therapist from a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:
evaluating physical therapy patients with female pelvic floor disorders and providing pelvic floor and women's health physical therapy patient care.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of Employment for Certain Civilian Positions Identified as Critical Under the Department of the Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program) requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Employee will be required to obtain and maintain Women's Health Physical Therapy and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction certification through American Physical Therapy Association and Biofeedback certification though the Biofeedback Institute of America.
- A two year trial/probationary period may be required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $71,012.00 to $92,316.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0633-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453431200
Job Announcement Number: NCMD168317941825838EM