Textron 2017 Engineer I - Non Destructive Examination Laboratory in Fort Worth, Texas
Join the Bell Mission
Bell Helicopter Textron Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. We are /One Bell...On A Mission/ to change the way the world flies with safe and superior vertical lift that saves lives, preserves freedom and provides customers exceptional value.
Do – Grow – Live
Change the World: We are changing the way the world flies through advanced technologies, working hard and going the extra mile because our aircraft enables our customers to save lives and preserve freedom.
Discover Your Potential: We believe in our mission and are motivated to shape the future of vertical lift, investing in our people and inspiring innovation. We provide challenging opportunities around the world.
Give Back: We live by actions and are there when people need us. We are actively making a difference in our industry, community and in people’s lives.
This function involves developing a solid understanding of the five main NDE (Non Destructive Examination) methodologies through hands on application and guidance from experienced NDE Laboratory personnel.
· Provide assistance and support of research and development tasks as directed by senior personnel or program administrators.
· Support Manufacturing, Material Review Engineering, and Design Engineering departments with NDE techniques and evaluations as needed.
· Duties may also include periodic process audits of suppliers/processors; training, technical support, and troubleshooting of internal and external supplier inspection issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering from an accredited university
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
· Ability to effectively communicate NDT evaluations to technical and non technical personnel
· Prefer successful completion of Level 1 and Level 2 ASNT classroom training and at least one NDT methodology, ultrasound favored.
· Basic knowledge and understanding of various manufacturing processes preferred
Title: 2017 Engineer I - Non Destructive Examination Laboratory
Location: Texas-Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 249628