TD Industries Inc BIM/VDC Manager in Fort Worth, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development in Engineering, Construction, Operations and Maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the US, generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call Partners are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the “100 Best Places to Work”, “Top 50 Training Organizations” and “Top 30 Companies to Retire From” due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
Our Fort Worth Construction team current seeks an experienced BIM/VDC professional to lead their Virtual Design & Construction team as the VDC Manager. This position manages a multi-disciplined group of VDC designers including plumbing, piping, sheetmetal, etc. Provides overall guidance and direction for the function. Ensures all completed and signed off work complies with company standards and that company policies and procedures are followed. Handles all personnel issues. Develops functional plans, goals and objectives each year. Ensures the department’s inter-organizational contacts and communications are proper and responsive. Reports to a senior level manager within the business unit. Operates under broad general guidance with very limited oversight review. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures coordination documents provided by the department meet the needs of operations and construction personnel.
- Spot checks completed coordination projects to ensure the quality of work produced.
- Provides overall guidance and direction to coordinators and provides technical assistance as needed. Sets overall department goals and objectives and establishes a measurement system for them.
- Accomplishes annual and strategic department planning.
- Participates at selected project kick-off and pre-job planning meetings.
- Develops the department scheduling to support overall company project schedules for fabrication and construction.
- Creates project models and drawings as needed.
- Responsible for metrics reporting and follow up on the data analysis.
- Ensures the department is functionally setup with the proper IT support.
- Establishes an annual budget in appropriate job and overhead accounts. Supports requested budgeted items and monitors and tracks budgets during execution.
- Practices job cost and overtime management.
- Performs all supervisory functions such as hiring, firing, conducting discipline, doing performance assessments, recommending promotions, and granting raises.
- Motivates department people to operate in the discretionary performance range vs. minimum performance range.
- Assures common understanding of policies and procedures.
- Exercises rumor control to prevent rumors from impacting personnel and their work.
- Allocates personnel among teams and/or projects when the situation warrants it.
- Establishes overall training criteria and programs based on performance assessments, MIS analysis and customer/client feedback.
- Holds periodic information sessions to communicate things people need to know.
- Practices mentoring to those directly under his supervision, to bring them along and grow them professionally
- A minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience in virtual design/building information modeling of both HVAC and plumbing systems is required.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the trades in field installation or shop fabrication is desired.
- Must have knowledge of current industry practices with regard to fabrication and installation of various duct, piping or plumbing systems.
- Position requires detailed knowledge of building, mechanical and plumbing codes and industry standards such as SMACNA, ASME, ANSI, ASTM, ASI, etc. as they apply to each trade.
- Advanced computer skills is desired.
- College degree in appropriate field is preferred. Some college equivalency may be given for experience above minimum requirements.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and third party duct and piping programs.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and email systems.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multi-tasking and set priorities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normally works in an office setting, but will at times venture onto a construction worksite.
- Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite, e.g.; uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting.
- Ability to work the schedule required by job demands.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Fort Worth, TX