DynCorp International LLC. Buyer Associate in FORT WORTH, Texas
Job Summary Responsible for procurement of materials, components, supplies and/or services for the company in accordance with standard operating procedures, contract requirements and federal acquisition regulations.
- Establishes source of supply, negotiates price, delivery date, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisition that maintains consistency with theProgram/Requisitioning Unit requirement and compliance with company policies and federal regulations.
- Provides guidance and information to requester that includes communication of procurement actions and assist with special or complex requirements.
- Maintains procedures to assure follow-up and administration of purchase order and subcontract files.
- Coordinates requisition requirements with requester.
- Assists in the preparation of reports with DynCorp organizations and customers to comply with various laws, company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Contacts suppliers, secures bids and places orders..
- Assists with the reviewing of documents and selection of most suitable supplier for the stated purchase.
- Negotiates price, quality and services to be provided to the company.
- Makes decisions on obtaining the best value towards price, schedule and terms for the company and the DI customer
- Provides pricing in support of Business Development efforts.
- Maintains procurement records and recommend procedural changes to improve procurement results.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the company as a part of a work group or team member.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments and cancellations.
- Interacts with A/P to assist and ensure completion of purchase order/invoice processing cycle.
- May require site visits in support of establishment of new suppliers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in associated discipline is preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ business experiencewith at least 6 months in a Buyer/Procurement role. Government procurement experience is desirable.
- Stateside office environment with the possibility of working in austere conditions overseas
- May be required to travel both within the USA and overseas
Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-FORT WORTH
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2016, 11:00:06 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1603687