TD Industries Inc Central Utility Plant (CUP) Technician I in Fort Worth, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development into engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the United States generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. Fortune Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
We are currently seeking a *Central Utility Plant (CUP) Technician II *to join our team. This job will be located in the North Fort Worth Area. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment in large Central Plants and other critical HVAC operating systems within a high level corporate environment. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Takes and logs readings from critical equipment and takes appropriate corrective actions before system outage occurs.
- Diagnoses building management/energy management systems for faults and errors.
- Assists higher level Technicians in the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and lighting systems.
- Uses tools and equipment that are standard issue but may need and can be further calibrated or adjusted.
- Observes and complies with all company safety policies. Uses required personal protective equipment while satisfying all work requests.
- Completes all required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Works on and completes all facility team-based goals.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in in the operations and maintenance of large commercial HVAC systems and central plant operations. Qualified applicants must have a strong understanding of preventive and predictive maintenance with building automations systems operations.
- A two (2) year technical degree (or equivalent work experience) is desired.
- Industrial electrical experience is desired.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and schematic drawings to ensure completion of work to plan in commercial building maintenance operations is required.
- Good understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance (PM) tasks with the ability to document PM tasking and frequency changes.
- Intermediate level computer skills are required.
- Strong math, verbal, written and interpersonal skills are desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds and carry it a distance of 50 yards.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in a stressful or emergency situation that arises at the work site.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
- Works mainly indoors but can be exposed to temperature extremes and other weather conditions when working outdoors.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Location: Fort Worth, TX