DynCorp International LLC. Data Scientist in FORT WORTH, Texas
The Data Scientist analyzes, designs, implements, and evaluates business processes and data to develop insights and predictive analytics of the company operations and competitive strength. This position is responsible for developing cutting edge predictive models that drive service strategy and operations, performing data analysis, developing algorithms and predictive models, and presenting technical information to a broad audience. Additionally, the Data Scientist will apply algorithms and modeling tools to business data, and develop solutions in collaboration with our people, business partners, and customers.
- Interact directly with business partners to support their operational needs, enabling the business to make effective decisions and solve problems with quantified insights into data.
- Gain an understanding of business processes, problems, and questions, translating issues into requirements that can be understood and executed efficiently and effectively, and maintaining constant communication with business partners in order to follow-up and validate results and/or answer questions.
- Develop statistical models & methodologies to predict, quantify, and/or forecast various business metrics.
- Develop and maintain a suite of predictive analytics to drive business engagement in service activities.
- Perform hands-on data manipulation, transformation, hypothesis testing, and predictive modeling.
- Evaluate, refine, and continuously improve the efficiency and accuracy of existing predictive models.
- Ensure and maintain data quality and reliability.
- Identify and recommend new data sources that will maximize analytic output and create customized reports / dashboards with a team of analysts and developers.
- Collaborative on insights with other data scientists, business intelligence developers, business analysts, and business partners.
- Creatively communicate and present models to business partners and executives, utilizing a variety of formats and visualization methodologies.
- Champion new innovative ideas around the Data Science and Advanced Analytics practices.
- Ensure full and clear documentation of all processes.
Knowledge & Skills
- Passion for combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our services.
- Ability to use data-mining and analytical skills to help business partners excel and bring lasting, positive changes to our business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to turn analytical results into compelling stories and to effectively communicate results of statistical models to broad audience, including senior leadership.
- Preferred working knowledge of some or several of the following languages and software:
- Cortana Analytics Suite
- Social media data and sensor data
- Java, R, Python, JSON, SAS, SPSS, Perl
- Hadoop, HDInsight, Cloudera, MapR, Impala, Hive, or SparkSQL
- SQL Server 2012+, Oracle 11g+, Azure cloud storage, Azure Data Lake, Data Warehouse, NoSQL (such as HBase, Cassandra, or MongoDB)
- QlikView, Qlik Sense, PowerBI, Cognos
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma principles or certification preferred.
Experience & Education
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or associated discipline.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in data mining, statistics / mathematics modeling, machine learning, text mining, and stream analytics.
- Experience in building and maintaining analytics data sets involving SQL Server, Oracle, Azure cloud storage, Azure Data Lake, NoSQL, or Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with large data sets and streaming data involving Hadoop, HDInsight, Cloudera, or MapR.
- Experience in using modeling tools such as Microsoft Cortana Analytics Suite, R, Python, SAS, or SPSS.
- Proven ability using predictive modeling techniques, including Linear and Non-Linear Regression, Multivariate Adaptive Regression, Decision Trees, K-means Clustering, SVM, Neural Networks, and Random Forest.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal office environment
Primary Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-FORT WORTH
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2016, 12:28:14 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1603592