Novartis Pharmaceuticals Head IGM, IS and Transform Initiatives in Fort Worth, Texas
Job ID 198442BR
Posting Title Head IGM, IS and Transform Initiatives
Business Unit IT NBS
Work Location Fort Worth, TX
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Corporation
Functional Area Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Job Description Position Purpose
Ensure that the NBS IT Infrastructure services transformation initiatives meet objectives (quality, time and budget) by establishing quality assurance and governance set up. Ensure that the IT operating model which is implemented with Infrastructure services transformation initiatives fulfills the requirements as defined by the Novartis IGM standards and IS ISRM direction. Ensure that the IT operating model which is to be implemented with Infrastructure services transformation initiatives simplify the Novartis IT process and engagement model to ensure long-term sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure that the new vendor(s) selected have adequate quality systems knowledge to deliver acceptable services to NVS.
• Develop and execute Quality and Information Security and Risk Management assurance for Infrastructure services transformation initiatives QA, SOX, Internal and External Regulations like Data Privacy, Internal Audit requirements oEstablish and align Infrastructure services transformation initiatives quality assurance plan(s).
• Execute quality reviews, document results including recommendation for corrective actions and report back to initiative sponsor(s), steering committee and program management as applicable
• Facilitate establishment of appropriate action plans under the ownership of project, domain and/or program management.
• Do follow-up •Communicate governance & management requirements to Infrastructure services transformation initiatives domains and projects and facilitate their implementation
• Proactively support the design of processes within the future IT operating model to ensure simplicity and full control implementation.
• Manage the resourcing of Infrastructure services transformation initiatives
• Provide and coordinate subject matter expertise to Infrastructure services transformation initiatives program management, domains and projects on a broad range of information and IT security standards and best practices, such as ISO 27000, CobiT, GxP/CSV and ITIL.
• Ensure an integrated setup of the IS ISRM function (RACI, engagement model, etc.) with the BAU operational Quality Mangers and other functional IS&RM heads in the IT operating model which is to be implemented with Infrastructure services transformation initiatives – aligned with the overall IGM operating model which is being developed as part of the IS&RM roadmap implementation along with one CSV program
• Support to liaise between Infrastructure services transformation initiatives and compliance, internal & external audit functions, legal, data privacy, HSE and QA as required •Liaise between Infrastructure services transformation initiatives and the IGM governance bodies by active participation in the cross divisional IS&RM leadership to ensure full alignment and integration – where necessary – between the future IT operating model and IGM standards and initiatives
• Infrastructure services transformation initiatives quality, security compliance status (operating model setup, vendor governance, implementation progress, compliance with IGM and ISRM Security requirements, etc.) proactively monitored and improved to ensure simplicity, sustainability and avoidance of critical audit findings
• Culture of simplicity by integrating information risk management and IT compliance principles embedded into future IT operating model to be implemented by Infrastructure services transformation initiatives Integration into IS&RM and Infrastructure Services organization and be a change agent
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Higher education, such as a degree in Information Technology and/or relevant business education
• Master’s degree
• 15+ years of working experience in IT Management (IT projects and operations)
• Broad IT background with experience in IT infrastructure, application implementation and management, risk management, information and IT security
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of general IT, project and operations management
• Experience in the implementation of new processes or methodologies in complex organizations.
• Experience in outsourcing deals
• Excellent understanding of Novartis business processes and objectives.
• Expert knowledge in information governance & management disciplines.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage geographically or functionally dispersed teams and the ability to lead by influencing without direct control
• High level of customer focus with proven problem solving skills
• Fluency (oral and written) in English, other languages an asset Key Performance Indicators Education Experience