Textron IT Principal - Collaboration in Fort Worth, Texas
_Job Title:_ Principal Systems Analyst – Collaboration _Department/Group:_* TIS – IT Midrange and Collaboration * _Location:_ Fort Worth, TX * _* *Reports to:** Manager, IT Midrange and Collaboration _*
The “Principal Systems Analyst – Collaboration” role performs senior-level duties related to the design, delivery, and administration of IT solutions in the area of email and related collaboration tools. The position, under the guidance of the Manager, IT Midrange and Collaboration, will have responsibility for systems architecture, systems implementation, system technical analysis, performance monitoring, operational support (including root-cause analysis on systems issues), request fulfillment, patching, upgrades, server infrastructure transition and upgrades, and general troubleshooting.
- Lead the architectural design and implementation of global email and other collaboration solutions such as MS Exchange, MS O365, and mobile messaging systems.
- Enforce standards for system architecture in close collaboration with application owners, developers, end-users and stakeholders.
- Design and implement global solutions in keeping with long-term strategic plan for email and collaboration system management and platform maturity, including public/private/hybrid cloud solutions, business continuity/disaster recovery, and cost optimization.
- Develop and document processes and procedures to be used by all responsible parties in system deployment, maintenance, and administration activities in accordance with company policies, industry standards, and recommended practices.
- Direct and audit third-party support activities for adherence to Textron policies, procedures, and architecture standards.
- Design andimplementation of availability, data protection, and system integrity strategies globally. Monitor to ensure these objectives are met and escalate exceptions through to resolution.
- Plan and coordinate upgrades, data migrations, system refreshes, etc.
- Perform critical incident response, troubleshooting, and remediation activities during outages or periods of performance degradation.
- Represents Textron in global change management processes for planned activities that might impact critical email and collaboration system availability or performance.
- Subject matter manager for Textron-owned servers and appliances (such as MS Exchange Servers, mail gateways, etc.)
- Process end-user requests for provisioning and modifying mailboxes, distribution lists, and permissions.
- Server management for a limited scope of internally managed systems (such as Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.)
- Travel approximately 10%
- Protect and maintain the privacy of employee personnel records including, but not limited to, personal and compensation information about employees.
- Open to future career development opportunities within Textron business unit locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- A minimum of 5 years in IT industry specifically in email system administration and/or pertinent technical certifications are preferred.
- The following technical skills are preferred: o Microsoft Exchange Administration o MS SQL Databases o Windows Operating Systems o Email security gateways
- Experience with management and deployment of O365 online services preferred.
- Good understanding of email system architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting email systems.
- Hands-on configuration and troubleshooting experience with MS Exchange.
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate customer needs into business/functional requirements
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work individually with minimal direction
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks; act immediately upon a request or issue that is considered a high priority
- Confidence to introduce new technical solutions to fulfill customer needs
Job: *Information Technology
Title: IT Principal - Collaboration
Location: Texas-Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 249956