First Command Financial Services (Corporate) JAVA Developer in Fort Worth, Texas
The Java Developer will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. They must be capable of developing High Level Designs in conjunction with IT Architects and be able to communicate those designs effectively to team developers. A Java Developer will generally be able to work independently and give mentoring to young members of the team. Their strong development skills will allow the team lead to off-load responsibilities to them that require independent thinking and support research activities to advance the team skills and understanding as a whole.
- Develop software applications and/or components according to requirements and High Level Design, by actively participating in relevant phases of the application development life cycle, while providing mentoring and support to more junior team members.
- Translate requirements into High Level Design when functioning in the role of Project Architect.
- Document developed software. This includes in-line documentation and standalone documents as may be necessary to describe the implementation of requirements to other team members.
- Design and develop web sites to serve business objectives for external and internal customers.
- Incorporate current techniques, tools and trends in web development to ensure adherence to best practices and design industry standards.
- Create processes that are predictable, repeatable and measurable.
- Communicate status of work in progress to immediate supervisor and other project stakeholders.
- Maintain an understanding of First Command business practices and philosophy and the information technology needs of the user community.
- Increase the knowledge and effectiveness of the development team through research and development using new technologies or tools.
- Identify and implement navigation strategies and design schemes for maximum visual impact, usability and consistency with First Command brand standards.
- A Bachelor's degree is required (Computer Science, or a related subject is preferred).
- 3+ years’ experience with object oriented design (Java).
- 3+ years of experience with Java language.
- 2+ years’ experience in the development of enterprise wide applications.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications.
- Experience with iterative and test-driven development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Maintain and demonstrate technical proficiency in application development languages, libraries, tools, methodologies, and techniques used by First Command which include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows OS.
- Object-oriented methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Web/Internet development tools and techniques.
- N-tier and distributed architecture.
- SQL in a relational database such as Oracle, SQL Server or DB2.
- Database querying tools.
- System monitoring, profiling and other debugging tools used complement those used in the normal development IDE.
- Ensure project success and superior application design by being able to formulate, present and articulate effective and progressive development designs or alternatives which adhere to First Command standards and satisfy customer needs.
- Extensive experience in developing web applications (Spring).
- Extensive experience developing web service (Apache CXF).
- Experience working with Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate).
- Experience using build automation tools (Maven).
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.
Tracking Code: EX10
Job Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Company Location Description: Headquarters
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular