Baylor Scott & White Health Lab Tech III in Fort Worth, Texas
Baylor Scott & White Health laboratory is hiring, Laboratory Technician II.
Our Laboratory Technician II collects, receives, statuses, and/or processes laboratory specimens, performs routine testing, and enters results. The Laboratory Technician II performs clerical checks and support functions in assigned laboratory area(s). Duties may include prioritization of work and dispatching of phlebotomists. Specific responsibilities may vary by area assigned, and may include:
• Helps organize and distribute workload
• Ensures test turnaround times are maintained
• Sends specimens to referral laboratories
• Receives and enters test result from referral laboratories
• Orders and restocks supplies
• Creates work schedules
The ideal Laboratory Technician II will provide excellent customer service to external and internal patients/customers, be a collaborative team member and have experience in coordination of patient care.
• Location/Facility Baylor All Saints, Fort Worth
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
• Specialty/Department/Practice Laboratory; Blood Bank
• Shift/Schedule PRN; Variable Shifts
• Benefits Our competitive benefits package includes*:
• Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
• 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
• Tuition Reimbursement
• PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
• Associates Degree
• Certificate to ship biological specimen must be obtained by employees
• 2 Years' Experience Preferred
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012, Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use nicotine products.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.